Why Conversion Rate Optimization is Important for Your Business
Conversion rate optimization is a systematic method of conversion optimization that has three main steps: understanding, planning, and executing.
In order to be successful in conversion rate optimization, you must first understand what is preventing visitors from converting into customers. Once you have identified the issue, you should create a plan to address the issue and execute it. If done correctly, you should be more likely to convert into a buyer.
There are many ways for conversion rate optimization to impact your business positively. Some of these include an increase in revenue, higher traffic rates through improved SEO, and lower customer acquisition costs through reducing cart abandonment rates.
So let’s start by creating a Marketing Strategy
How to Write a High-level Marketing Strategy for Your Business
A marketing strategy is not just a statement of intent, but an exercise in strategic thinking. Crafting a marketing strategy for your business means mapping out the most appropriate goals, objectives and tactics to achieve those goals.
We prefer to keep your marketing strategy simple and preferably try to fit it on one page.
The key to creating a good strategy is to be sure that it's aligned with your company's overall vision and mission statement, and that it takes into account the current competitors in the market as well as any new ones that may arise in the future.
5 Steps to a Solid Marketing Strategy
The 5 steps to a solid marketing strategy are to:
- Define customer personas
- Define the marketing message
- Identify the different channels that will be used for marketing
- Plan how resources will be allocated across channels
- Create and execute a timeline
Free Marketing Templates
Below are a few links that will save you massive amounts of time trying to figure out a marketing template
How to increase conversion rates
Once you have a solid marketing strategy in place it’s much easier to find ways to increate your website conversions. You will understand where to look because you’ve set goals which you will want to monitor with analytical tools such as Google Analytics. You will also notice optimizing your conversions will become less complex because you have defined and worked out your customer personas.
By defining these customer persona’s you will know what they are looking for, what their needs are and why they visit your website in the first place.
Optimizing your conversion rates can be as simple as adding a live message system during the checkout proces. Strangely enough there are many sites out there that don’t offer a live messenger system at all let alone on the checkout page.
If there’s one place where your visitors may need your assistance, or just a simple assurance you are around it is during the checkout. We’ve seen conversion rates increase by simply adding a ‘Need assistance?’ help button on key pages.
Below are other conversion optimization ‘tactics’ you should apply today.
- Provide Value: Always offer something to your visitors and customers. Whether it's a free trial, an eBook, a coupon or anything else. You want to give them a reason to come back to your site and buy something from you again.
- Social Proof: If possible, get testimonials from customers who had positive experiences with your company. This will help convince new visitors that they can trust your brand and that you're worth spending their money on.
- Personalized Experience: If you have knowledge of what your customers are searching for or what type of product they most often buy, then tailor their experience on the site accordingly. This will increase the chances of them buying something from you again because it'll seem like you know exactly what they want before they even know it themselves.
- Content marketing is one of the best ways to grow your business. Making sure that you have a website that converts visitors into leads and customers is crucial.
In order to make sure that your website does as good as it can, here are 3 more bonus tips to boost conversions!
- Clearly articulate your offer and its value proposition
- Create a sense of urgency in the call-to-action button
- Tie the experience offline with a tangible offer
So here you go, a few simple conversion optimization tactics you can implement today and most likely without the need of your website developer.
Have a great day